Being a father is a wild ride. My name is Christopher & these are my observations, theories & comments on life as the dad of my two boys Ripley & Jayden. I write this to air my thoughts & update my friends & family with photos, videos and such like. For everyone else I offer hints and tips on parenting as I learn them. For legal reasons I make no direct reference to my employer or any of my colleagues.
10 Most Recent Images
on with the show...
most recent posts appear first in the list, then proceeding back in time, check "archives" section on left-hand sidebar for earlier posts
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Observation_: Me (14 Months On)
OK. I am going to write about me for a change. Here is a list of things that I have noticed 14 months after Ripley was born:
1) Above all I have a lovely little boy now.
2) Sleep - I don't sleep as much as I used to but I have got used to it. If I am in bed at 9:30 it is a lie in now (unlike my 1pm lie ins before Rip). This is a good point not bad - my weekends feel longer now that I am awake more.
3) Career - I work to live now, not the other way around.
4) Nappies - I can change a wriggling baby in mere seconds.
1) Old - I look older, I am only 30 but I have wrinkles now, my hairline is higher, my back hurts, etc.
2) Money - I don't have much money any more.
3) House - Our house is too small now.
4) Mental - I go "Ahhhhh" at pampers adverts.
5) Psycho - I want to kill people who let their massive lumbering dogs run around our local park barking at children.
6) Parents - If I say I am visiting they ask - "Ripley is coming too yes?" I am just the chauffeur it seems. I have fallen down the rankings of importance. I don't care really of course - I am pleased that they all love him so much.
7) Poppers - I have popped 15.8 Million of those sodding little popper things on baby clothes. Parents know what I am talking about.
I might add to this if I think of more.