Being a father is a wild ride. My name is Christopher & these are my observations, theories & comments on life as the dad of my two boys Ripley & Jayden. I write this to air my thoughts & update my friends & family with photos, videos and such like. For everyone else I offer hints and tips on parenting as I learn them. For legal reasons I make no direct reference to my employer or any of my colleagues.
10 Most Recent Images
on with the show...
most recent posts appear first in the list, then proceeding back in time, check "archives" section on left-hand sidebar for earlier posts
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
My Current Concerns
I am sitting in a cold and LOUD server room watching my server install (slowly). So I thought I would write down things I am worried about (in no particular order):
1) Will Penny be OK giving birth?
2) Will the Kid be OK being born?
3) Will he be 100% in tact?
4) Will Penny get post natal depression after he is born?
5) Will I?
6) We we cope?
7) Will we get help & advise if we can't cope?
8) Will I EVER finish the nursery?
Pull yourself together man... I will answer my own questions....
1) Penny will be fine, she is a big strong girl, she is 100% fit.
2) Kids are born all the time, there is not reason to presume this one will have a problem.
3) We don't have any serious genetic problems in the family, he should be OK, and if there are any problems we deal with them - stop worrying about what you can't change you moron.
4) Probably not, but I will help her if she does.
5) That would be a little self indulgent would it!
6) Yes, even Chavs have kids (too many if you ask my right wing side). They may have to cut back on the lambert & butler but they seem to cope, so can I.
7) Penny's Mum and Dad live around the corner, I would have to use a big stick to stop them helping :) We are very lucky and will be fine.
8) Penny's Mum & Dad will probably get bored of my faffing around and paint it magnolia.
Ahh... that's better, these blogs are great.